Diet Studio is innovative solution for diet research and development. It is built to cover the wide range of tasks ones may be challenged while creating a diet.
Diet Studio includes basic feature to assist in the diet research:
- Select set of nutrient you want to observe or control. This feature allows to concentrate on most important nutrients. Application provides requirements for some nutrients based on reports of IOM.
- Record food products consumed over period of time. Diet Studio provides USDA Food and Nutrient Database for Dietary Studies, 4.1 (FNDDS) with more then 7,500 products.
- Create and record measured parameters to track diet progress and effectiveness
- Energy calculation and decomposition. Diet Studio calculates total energy from consumed food, energy by each product and each energy source.
Besides that it has following useful everyday functionality:
- Units conversion for a food;
- Daily menu report generation;
- Food comparison report;
Following principles constitutes the base of the Diet Studio software development:
- User Driven Development: Users feedback directs main stream development of the product. This allows us to recognize valuable functionality to satisfy our audience. See here.
- Portable Format: Diet Studio uses XML specification for external data files. That makes easy to convert/process result to a required format or an application. Custom report feature is the powerful tool that could be exploited to reach your goal without dependency on the main stream development.